Thanksgiving is a time to ponder and be grateful for blessings that have enriched our lives. It’s a time to realize that the little things really do count! In this COVID environment, it’s even more important to search for and acknowledge the blessings in our life. This virus has underscored how precious our time here is. It has made our time with friends and family more exquisite that it already was.
So let’s take a moment and be grateful for the little things, the big things, and all the things in between! Here’s our list. Some may resonate with you, some may spur you to find your own gratitude list. So put pen to paper and make a list! Put it on your refrigerator or bathroom mirror and glance at it daily. And for those people on your list – tell them exactly how much they mean to you.
- A moment of silence on a hectic day
- Sleeping through the night with an infant in the house
- The health of our family
- A spouse who loves us and supports our needs
- Special friends in our lives
- The telephone- connecting us to relatives and friends near and far
- Zoom meetings to keep us connected
- Working from home
- Grandparents available to babysit
- A car that runs well (or runs at all!)
- A roof that doesn’t leak
- A soft, warm bed at night
- Friends who share clothes their children have outgrown
- A piece of china that belonged to Grandma
- Fuzzy new slippers to warm your feet
- A good book, a cup of tea and a quiet corner
- Your child’s smile
- Laughter at unexpected moments
- Moments spent with our adult children
- A quiet evening at home with your spouse
- Pets who love us unconditionally
- Grown children who live near to us
- Playing games together
- Being together as a family, enjoying each other’s company
- And if you are fortunate enough to have someone to quarantine with, you are lucky indeed.
REVISED from Encouragement: A publication by Angela DiCicco and Gail Signor
Wishing you many blessings this November, whether or not you spend it with family, may you find ways to be connected.
The Italian Grandmama
Contact me: email@example.com
Become a follower! Click the follow link on the sidebar and receive blogposts directly to your email.
Join our community on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/groups/312477319482247
For more blog posts visit: Theitaliangrandmama.com