As a working mother of two, I find myself with even less time to exercise than I did before I had children. Long gone are the days where I get in 1.5 hours of exercise in one day at one time. Between working full time, keeping the house up, and spending time with my children, I have little time to exercise.
I touched before on tips of how to get in exercise with children, but what if you don’t even have time for that? My solution is to stay active throughout the day. Here are some tips on how to stay active throughout the day and get in a little more calories burned!
- Always take the stairs when possible.
- Do wall push-ups every time you go to the bathroom, squats if you don’t want to touch the wall.
- If you are sitting at a desk all day, make sure to get up at least every hour for a little walk.
- If you have a community bathroom, go to one that is the furthest away.
- Take 15 minutes and walk around your building.
- Park furthest away.
- Don’t put the TV on during the week, you are not drawn to sit down and watch it.
- Dance with your children.
- Have you ever tried to pick up your toddler to play around with them, to have your arms hurt after. Infants and toddlers make great weights.
- While waiting in line at the store, rock back and forth, or step touch.
- Keep the diapers in the kids rooms. It will force you to go to their rooms every time they need a diaper.
Do you have any handy tips for keeping yourself active throughout the day? Please share