Mirror Image Activity
- Have your child stand facing another person, as if they were looking in the mirror.
- Choose which person will be the leader and which one will be the follower. As the leader moves the follower imitates the movement.
- Make sure to switch roles, so that both children can be the leader and the follower.
Crown thee King or Queen:
- Cut construction paper to make a crown.
- Cover with aluminum foil
- Decorate with different sequins, glitter, buttons.
- Fasten the crown around their head.
Dance to Music:
- Pick songs that mimic animals, act out the animals.
- Play music with directions
- Don’t be afraid to use props like scarves, bean bags, sticks
- Create a menu out of paper, make sure to decorate it
- Decide what the restaurant is going to serve
- Set the table
- Discuss the positions in a restaurant
- Make sure the music is upbeat
- Have your child dance or march around as the music is playing
- Once the music stops your child needs to stop
- To make it more challenging: when they are stopped have them stand on one leg, or touch their tummy
Me and My Shadow:
- On a sunny day go outside and explore your shadow
- Observe different objects shadows
- Use sidewalk chalk to outline your child’s shadow. Come back later and see how the shadow has changed.