There is so much that you can do with the 5 senses and teaching them. This week we are going to start with Sound. Below are activities, printables, and book suggestions all about sound.
Activities involving Sound:
- Go on a sound walk: Listen for all the different sounds. Can you pick out any one in particular?
- Guess what it is: Play different sounds and have them guess what makes that sound.
- Have your child record themselves. Play it back for them. Does it sound like you thought? Is it different then you hearing yourself speak?
- Find different rooms and say the same word. Have them say it in the shower, or closet. How is it different in each place?
- Listen through a stethoscope. How does it sound now?
- Play different instruments. Can you play them loud? Soft? How do they sound different? Same? Does it sound the same if two different people play it? What instruments sound alike? Different?
- Popping Popcorn. What does it sound like? Is there anything else that sounds like that?
Check back next wee for the sense of touch!
Do you have any fun crafts or activities involving sound? Please let me know!