In these times there are a lot of families on a tighter budget, but that doesn’t mean that you can’t host people over. Below are a few tips to help save money
- Plan a menu a few weeks before the party. Be on the lookout for sales on the items you need. Be open to changing the menu based off the sales.
- Set the party for a time in between meals, that way you only have to serve snacks.
- Dress up a table with a tablecloth and cloth napkins. Sample fabrics and bandanas make cheap and easy cloth napkins
- Decorate with fresh flowers and greenery
- Use your best dishes and utensils.
- Host a potluck: have everyone bring a dish to share
- Have the party in a park. Put together fun outdoor games for all to play
- Make what you can from scratch
- For drinks, have water and lemonade or fruit juice
Do you have any other tips for hosting a party with little money? We would love to hear from you!