- Be the best role model as possible: Your children look up to you and they want to be you, so make sure you are acting the way you want your children to.
- Know when and how your child needs some love: As a parent, you are responsible for loving and caring for your child. Each child is different and needs to be loved in different ways.
- Try and make each child feel special: It doesn’t matter if you have 1 or 19 children, making each one feel special shows them that you care for them individually.
- Keep your promises: If you make a promise you can’t keep they will learn to not trust what you say. Only make promises that you know you can keep. If you must break a promise, make sure you make it up to whoever you promised.
- Be able to laugh at oneself: Having a good sense of humor is sometimes the only way to deal with a situation.
- Know your child’s songs and stories by heart: Children love repetition, it gives them comfort and provides security. By knowing them, you are always able to provide that no matter where you are.
- Know and accept each child: Each child is different. Learn to love the differences.
- Adapt if something isn’t working: Parenting is all about finding out what works, and sometimes what worked for one child will not work for the other.
- Let them make mistakes: Part of growing up is learning from their mistakes, if you don’t allow them to make them, they will never learn.
- Be positive: Having a positive household, encourages positive children. Children mirror what they see, try to be positive.
What are the 10 rules you live by?