- Be the best role model as possible: Your children look up to you and they want to be you, so make sure you are acting the way you want your children to.
- Know when and how your child needs some love: As a parent, you are responsible for loving and caring for your child. Each child is different and needs to be loved in different ways.
- Try and make each child feel special: It doesn’t matter if you have 1 or 19 children, making each one feel special shows them that you care for them individually.
- Keep your promises: If you make a promise you can’t keep they will learn to not trust what you say. Only make promises that you know you can keep. If you must break a promise, make sure you make it up to whoever you promised.
- Be able to laugh at oneself: Having a good sense of humor is sometimes the only way to deal with a situation.
- Know your child’s songs and stories by heart: Children love repetition, it gives them comfort and provides security. By knowing them, you are always able to provide that no matter where you are.
- Know and accept each child: Each child is different. Learn to love the differences.
- Adapt if something isn’t working: Parenting is all about finding out what works, and sometimes what worked for one child will not work for the other.
- Let them make mistakes: Part of growing up is learning from their mistakes, if you don’t allow them to make them, they will never learn.
- Be positive: Having a positive household, encourages positive children. Children mirror what they see, try to be positive.
What are the 10 rules you live by?
One thought on “10 Rules to Live by for Parents”