Previously we talked about 10 Rules to Live by for Parents, well here we talk about 5 facts to keep in mind as a parent.
- You are not Super Parent: All parents want to do it all and look good while doing it. Sometimes that is not possible. Just as you expect your children to do the best they can,you need to expect that too.
- You are human: You have your good days and bad days, just like anyone else. You are entitled to take a day off, nobody expects you to be perfect all the time.
- Ask for help: Sometimes life can get pretty crazy. Do not be afraid or ashamed for asking help. It takes a strong person to ask for help.
- Relax: Nobody wants a stressed out parent. It isn’t good for yourself or your family. Make sure to take time for yourself and relax.
- Remember to enjoy your children: Children grow up so quickly that you may miss something. Don’t always worry about how the house looks, or if everything is in its place, enjoy the time you have with your children.
Do you have anything that you keep in mind when you parent? Please share!