Toddlers can take an active role in preparing foods. Based on your childs abilities you can get them involved by pouring, slicing, whisking, squeezing, and garnishing. Here are some ideas:
- Preparing finger foods by stacking foods. ex: stacking cheese on top of crackers, or cucumbers on top of toast
- Using a spatula to spread fruit or butter on crackers, toast or bread
- Stirring together ingredients
- Whisking eggs in a bowl
- Scrubbing raw potatoes or yams
- Mashing potatoes or yams
- Cutting shapes from Jell-o
- Squeezing lemons, oranges, or limes
- Snapping the ends of green beans
- Arranging food on a plate or tray.
How do you get your children to help in the kitchen? Have any fun children geared recipes? Please let us know!