In doing research I found that it is truly best to make your own baby food.
1. Not only do you get to know exactly what is in the food, but also allows the baby to get used to get used to the types of foods they will eating in future.
2. Home-made baby food is fresher and full of nutrients. In order for the storage shelf like to be long, store-bought baby food is cooked at a very high temperature, which takes all the nutrition out of fruits and vegetables.
3. When making your own baby food, you have more variety to feed your baby.
4. It’s good for the enviroment because you are using reusable storage containers.
5. Let’s not forget that it is CHEAPER too! It takes a little more time and efforst, but the benefits out weigh the extra time & effort.
I know that some parents don’t always have time to make their own food each and every time, so here are a few tips to help you along.
– Make batches of foods and freeze them in ice cube trays (about 1 oz)
– Batch and store in the refrigerator in containers
– If you want to use glass jars, look for the ones that do not have preservatives