Last week I posted about using vinegar to get rid of ants and dog scent, this week I am going to list a few more uses for vinegar!
- Kill unwanted grass or plants by spraying vinegar
- Prolong flowers by adding 2 tbsp vinegar, 2 tbsp sugar and warm water. Make sure stems are in 3-4 inches of the water mixture
- Eliminate urine stain from carpet by spraying vinegar/water mixture and pat dry
- Keep away flies by adding a little vinegar to their drinking water
- Clean rust from tools by placing in pure vinegar and let soak overnight
- Relieve the itch from a bug bite by dabbing vinegar on the bite
- Relieve sunburn by rubbing with vinegar, may have to repeat
- Remove fruit stains from hands by washing with vinegar
- Keep bright colors from running in the wash, soak cloths in vinegar for 10 minutes before washing
- Remove tough stains out of clothes, scrub with vinegar
- To lengthen the life of clothes add vinegar to rinse cycle of washing machine
- To remove hard water stains, soak vinegar on a cloth and let sit
- To clean dishwasher run the dishwasher with 1 cup of vinegar
- Cut grease on dishes by adding 2 tbsp vinegar to warm soapy water
- Get rid of cooking smells by letting water and vinegar simmer on the stove
- Clean the fridge with equal parts water and vinegar
- Clean food stained pots and containers by soaking in vinegar for 30 minutes.
- Clean Microwave by microwaving .25 cup vinegar and 1 cup water. It will loosen the food
- Prevent soapy film on glassware by placing a cup of vinegar on the bottom rack of your dishwasher, run for five minutes, then run though the full cycle.
- Deodorized the air by spraying vinegar water
Do you have any uses for vinegar? Please share!