Why put healthy foods in lunch boxes?
- The foods children eat affect their performance at school.
- Healthy foods increases resistance to infections
- Eating foods low in granulated sugars and saturates fats helps children concentrate better in school.
- Natural carbohydrates give them energy.
- Protein and calcium are needed for bone and muscle growth.
To fulfill all of these requirements, make everything you put in your child’s lunch count towards healthy nutrition. How do you accomplish this?
- Read labels.
- Choose foods low in saturated fats, low is salt, and low in granulated sugar
- Natural sugars are in fruits and vegetables
- 1/2 cup of cereal and a piece of fruit can be great afternoon snack.