As part of getting rid of toxins in my house, plus save a little money, I have been on the hunt for different products that I can make at home. I normally buy the big container of liquid hand soap, which last a while, but I noticed that I can make my own for even cheaper!
- A bar of Soap
- Grate or finely chop the bar of soap
- Bring 4 cups of water to a boil
- Turn off heat and add in soap
- Continue to stir until combined
- Allow to cool for 15 minutes
- Stir again
- Allow to cool for several more hours
- Place in soap dispensers
Personally, I would have a cheaper pot to make this, so that you are not using pots that you cook in. To make a bigger batch use 1 ounce bar soap for 1 cup of water.
Do you have any greener products that you make at home? Please let us know!