- BE ACCEPTING. Not all of your friends are going to think and act the same as you.
- BE A GOOD LISTENER. Make sure to make eye contact and even respond to what they are saying.
- DON’T BE A SHOW OFF. Not everyone you meet will have the same interests or abilities so don’t rub it in.
- DON’T JUST USE YOUR FRIENDS. Don’t only want to be around them when you need them, include them in other activities too.
- DO YOUR SHARE of the work. Any relationship takes effort. Don’t always rely on your friends to do everything.
- LET PEOPLE KNOW that you are interested in them. Make sure to ask questions and not do all the talking.
- BE HONEST. Tell the truth about yourself and your intentions. Just make sure to say it in a nice way.
- REACH OUT. Don’t always let someone else be the first to make a move. A smile can go a long way.
Do you have anymore tips for making and keeping friends? Please share.