- 1/4 cup oil (coconut, olive, almond or grapeseed are good)
- 5 tsp Zinc Oxide
- 1 TBSP Beeswax or emulsifying wax
- 3 TBSP natural aloe vera gel (not the kind with alcohol or propylene glyco)l
- 1/2 cup distilled water or brewed green tea (strained)
- 2-3 capsules of Vitamin E oil (optional)
- 10 drops Grapefruit Seed Extract (optional)
- Essential Oils of Coconut Extract for scent (optional) [do not use citrus essential oils since they can actually cause burning]
How To Make Natural Sunscreen:
- Heat Oil and beeswax on double boiler until just melted.
- Remove from heat, and add vitamin E and essential oils.
- Put into bowl that will not be used for food, and add zinc oxide powder, set aside.
- In small pan, heat water or tea and aloe vera until just warm.
- Add the water/aloe mixture slowly while whisking vigorously or use an immersion blender.
- Add any additional essential oils or fragrances
An Even Faster Way To Make Sunscreen:
- Get a bottle of your favorite lotion (make sure it doesn’t contain citrus oils)
- Add a couple Tablespoons of Zinc Oxide
- Mix well
- Use as Sunscreen
Disclaimer: I personally have NOT tried this recipe yet, it is on my list to try,
Do you have a homemade recipe that you want to share? Please email me!